If you are living on the east coast or in many parts of the country, you will notice that Fall is hiding somewhere and the thought of wearing a leather jacket is non-existent. As I’m scrolling through my Instagram feeds and even my reselling platforms, I am noticing that bloggers and shoppers are in limbo about their Fall #OOTD.
I’m here to tell you, don’t let a little mother nature fool you because that brisk cold day will be meeting us soon and if you wait until it gets cold, you will get desperate and so will your style.
If you’re like me and a supporter of the capsule wardrobe, you look at clothing as an essential part of your style and not just cute items to hang up in your closet or take pictures in.
Since I’ve adapted the Capsule Wardrobe mentality, every season I assess my wardrobe and add up to 5 key pieces that are either missing or need to be replaced. So without further a due, below are my Top 5 Fall items.
- A Camel Color Wool Coat- For someone who wears a lot of black, grey and stripes, I’m looking to add a classic wool coat to my wardrobe with a subtle pop of color. J.Crew has a great selection of quality outwear making it justifiable to spend a couple 100 bucks on a jacket. My only advice, go to the actual store and try different styles on before making your purchase. Every coat is cut differently and you want to make sure the coat fits you correctly.
2. Black Ankle Booties- I currently own one pair of ankle booties and am looking to add another pair or maybe two. Below are two pairs I’m considering buying and here’s why. The Sam Edelman Ankle Booties are real leather which means they will probably last me a couple of Fall/Winter seasons and I can always take them to shoe repair when needed. The Forever 21 booties are more trendy and most importantly, don’t look cheap. I can see myself easily pairing both pairs of boots with many items in my closet.
3. A Hat, Pair of Gloves, and Scarf– Every Winter I wait until the last minute and then settle for whatever I can find, only to be disappointed with the quality of the item. here are my top picks for a winter hat, a pair of gloves and scarf. Please note they are a little bit pricey, however like a coat you want to make sure it going to last you a couple of seasons.
4. A pair of over the knee boots- These bad boys will be your saving grace when it’s cold outside. For me, I’ve never found a pair of OKB that fit correctly. They either don’t go up my legs or were too big in the thigh area. All of this changed when I spotted these boots at Steve Madden this summer. They are the perfect height for walking around the city, dancing at a concert or even having a couple of drinks at the bar. The best part about these boots; YOU CAN WEAR THEM OVER YOUR SKINNY JEANS! The material is like a sock-made material that conforms to your leg.
5. A statement piece- Whether it’s a handbag; a funky pair of shoes; a classic blouse, or a statement necklace, add a unique piece to your wardrobe. For me, my style is very simple, but every now and then I like to switch it up. Below are four thing’s I’ve been eyeing, but not sure if I will purchase them.
Thanks for reading!